The Criteria Document is fundamental to the operation of the electrical safety regulatory framework, as it sets out the rules and responsibilities of stakeholders involved in electrical safety including the Safety Supervisory Bodies and Registered Electrical Contractors, whilst also outlining the disciplinary and appeals process for Registered Electrical Contractors.
The Criteria Document also consists of a series of Common Procedures including:
- Certification: The Certification Common Procedure outlines the process to be followed by Safety Supervisory Bodies, Registered Electrical Contractors and the Distribution System Operator during the certification of an electrical installation.
- Third Party Inspections: The provision of the Third Party Inspection service by the SSBs is designed to facilitate the Certification of Controlled Works carried out by Non-Registered Electrical Contractors.
- Change of Contractor: A Change of Contractor event refers to a situation whereby a customer requires another contractor to complete and/or certify an electrical installation, which was partially or totally completed, by a different contractor.
- Transfer of Registrations: The Transfer of Registration Common Procedure details the process for transferring Registered Electrical Contractors details when switching Safety Supervisory Bodies.
- Enforcement: details the role of the Safety Supervisory Body, the Registered Electrical Contractor, ESB Networks and the customer in ensuring electrical safety.
- Modifications: details the process for making modifications to the Criteria Document.
To view the Criteria Document and Common Procedures, please click here